Friday, August 24, 2012

Artistic Recipe for the Craft of Writing


It was a fantastic end to another simple and usual day of my life. So many like-minded people, abuzz with questions and experiences, different apprehensions and many solutions to approach them. It just made the writer in me feel more beautiful and comfortable by being amongst so many birds of the same feather.

An invite to a workshop for writers at Mocha, an initiative by Grey Oak publications, Urban Shots, Westland Books and Blogadda was one awesome experience.

Always willing to attend such sessions I never happened to make it whenever these events and opportunities occurred. But this time I just got lucky because of my brother who got this invite in his mailbox before I did. And each day I eagerly waited for this event to happen.

The gathering was small and kicked off with the peculiar situation, which writers often face, when we are restless with a pen in hand and a blank paper staring back hard at us. Though the thoughts were boiling and brewing, but they were not yet pouring to fill the empty sheet that lay like a virgin, desperate for a unison. But almost in another 10 minutes we could sense that this aromatic and hot coffee was surely going to turn out to be just fantastic.

The Venue was Mocha, Defence Colony and to guide us were present, Fiction Writer Maryann, Food Blogger Rekha and Social Media Manager Aashish. A blogger, a manager and a fiction writer is all that one could ask for to get the recipe of writing right.

The gathering too was interesting ranging from students who were well read and had drafts of stories written, to professionals from advertising agencies to some avid tweeple, who shared and discussed about the common connect- the art of writing.

Largely it was a good sharing event, which left me inspired enough to leave my thoughts racing.  The outcome of the same was my last post: ‘Hear your calling…’ and an introduction to my new blog address: ‘Mywordworks... an introduction.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming Himani and I hope you enjoyed the discussion and got some insight into writing and blogging :)

    ReplyDelete